FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Below you will find a list of frequently asked questions. Click on a question to see its answer.
+ What type of clothes should I wear?
Wear clothing that stretches and moves freely with you-nothing too stiff or structured. If you are preparing for a special event that requires specific clothing (for example, a wedding or quinceañera) try to choose clothing that mimics the way you will look and feel for your event.
+ What type of shoes should I wear?
Wear shoes with soles that will not stick to the floor, and that hold your foot and ankle securely. If you only own athletic shoes or shoes with built in grip, I highly recommend that you purchase a pair of Dance Socks on Amazon. They go over your shoes so that you can slide, and they are very reasonable in price. There are two kinds, one that fits over the ball of your foot, and one that covers the whole shoe.
If are taking lessons to prepare for a dance at a wedding, and you own the shoes you will be wearing to the wedding, please bring them with you to your lessons.
+ I saw a cool move/lift/dip/routine on Youtube. Can we copy it?
It is certainly fun to get ideas from YouTube-I do, myself. While I am totally open to checking out the routine and adapting your favorite parts, I reserve the right to change it or veto parts of it to fit your level of experience, the amount of time you have to prepare, and my personal safety guidelines.
+ How do I change or cancel my lesson?
After booking your lesson, you should have received an email confirming your lesson time. At the bottom of that email is a button labeled "Change/Cancel Lesson." Click on that button in the email and then go through the provided instructions to either choose a new time or cancel your appointment. Note: Any lesson cancellation which happens within 24 hours of the lesson time will not be able to be refunded. If you are canceling because of sickness or emergency, contact me directly.
+ How do I use PayPal to pay for Lessons?
- After selecting your lesson type, the day/time of the lesson(s) and after filling out the pre-lesson questionnaire, select the Pay Now option (with the PayPal logo beneath it) as the payment type.
- You will be directed to a PayPal payment page on the PayPal site. Once there you can:
- Log in to your own PayPal account (if you have one). To do this, enter your PayPal login info (email and password). Then, follow the instructions for paying with PayPal.
- Or, choose “Pay with Debit or Credit Card” (no PayPal account required). Enter in your information (including credit card or debit card information) and continue through the process.
- Once you have paid through PayPal, you should be re-directed back to the Dance with Alison page where you should see a confirmation of your payment.
- You should also receive an email confirming your lesson.
+ How do I use Venmo to pay for Lessons?
If you are paying with Venmo, after booking your appointment, choose the Pay Later option and then send your payment to https://venmo.com/Alison-Hurwitz within 24 hours to secure your lesson time. Note: Your lesson time is only reserved upon receipt of payment.